Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! We just got home from running a few errands then meeting some friends for train rides and lunch. It’s been a while since the Love Nugget had been on the train and he was just loving it today!
It is seriously so hard to get a good picture of two toddlers! This was the best I could get!
When I got home I noticed that I had been nominated by the beautiful Jade over at Runner Girl Revisited for the Inspiring blogger award!
How sweet is she to think of me!?! Thank you Jade for nominating me!
It’s a fun award that helps to connect you with some fellow bloggers which is always great!
Here’s the details,
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So here we go with my 7 things…
1. I’m addicted to putting lotion on. Mainly Bath and Body Works and basically have a bottle of it in every room of our house. I put it on after I wash my hands, get out of the shower, get into my car, or whenever I feel dry. I can’t stand when my hands or feet feel dry!
2. I eat very little meat but I grew up on a hunting club in Northern California.
People are always really surprised by this fact about me but it’s true! My parents ran a bird club and my dad and brothers are avid wild game hunters. It was normal to have a meal that included wild boar, deer meat, pheasants, quails, or some other wild animal. I ate it at the time but am not a huge fan of it these days.
3. I know how to fish pretty well.
My dad is a pretty big fisherman and we used to have a fishing boat. I was taught how to wait for the feeling of the bite before jerking the pole then reeling in 🙂 I even put my own worm on the hook! Fun fish story, when I was in college we went out on a deep-sea fishing trip for my then boyfriends birthday with his parents. I got sea sick and spent the majority of the time vomiting over the side of the boat. That was until my pole began jerking distracting me from the unpleasant feeling. As I grabbed my pole I was jerked hard almost falling over the edge of the boat. The deck hand then assisted me in pulling in a 54 lb Salmon!
4. The hubby and I won the Amazing Race!
Okay, not the Amazing Race… but a Sactown Amazing Race put on by some friends of ours. We were actually on a team with 3 other people competing against other teams. It was just like the T.V. show (without the different countries), with clues, money for clues, tasks, and traveling to different locations. It was a lot of fun! The hubby and I have always wanted to try out for the show and actually began filling out the application but we learned we were pregnant. Maybe someday…
5. The Longest plane ride I’ve been on was 14 hours! We went to Fiji for our honeymoon and it was not only the longest plane ride, but the worst ever! All worth is for this…
7. I’m a little bit of a control freak and have had to let go a lot since becoming a mom. I like things to be perfect and have a hard time letting others do things for me out of fear it won’t be done how I want it to be. Now that I have the Love Nugget I’ve learned that it’s okay if everything isn’t perfect or perfect to me and that when someone offers their help to take it! Even if it’s not done the way I would have done it. I’ve also had to learn to let go of my perfectionism when it comes to crafts with the Love Nugget. He’s not going to be getting much out of it if I do it for him so I’m learning to let go. Even if that means more pain gets on him than on the paper!
So there you have it! 7 things you probably didn’t know about me 🙂 Now, here are 15 blogs that I want to nominate.