I know I promised more of a weekend recap that last nights “date night” post but… I have something much more important to discuss first.
Last months Foodie Pen Pal review! In case you missed it, in August, I joined an awesome free pen pal group over at The Lean Green Bean. It’s a really neat program that Lindsay organizes and hosts for anyone who wants to join. Thanks Lindsay for organizing and hosting!
Here’s a few details about the program:
- 5th of the month, you will receive your pen pal pairing via email. You will send a package to someone different from whom you receive.
- Your package is to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!
- The spending limit is $15.
- The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe.
- 15th of the month, you put your box of goodies in the mail.
- Last day of the month, reveal the Foodie Penpal package you received in a post!
- Open to bloggers and blog readers.
For more info check out The Lean Green Bean.
This month I was paired up with Stephanie who just happened to live just 30 minutes away in a neighboring town. Since she is a native Californian, she decided to send me something that is made in abundance here and that I love 🙂
Wine! That’s right, my foodie pen pal sent me not one, but two bottles of wine! I was beyond thrilled to receive such a fun package. Stephanie browsed my blog a little and noticed that I was a fan of vino so she decided to send me a package of something she knew I would for sure enjoy. One of her favorite wineries is Tobin James in Paso Robles so she chose a unique drink called a Tobentini which is 3 parts of Dream Weaver (their sparkling) and on part Liquid Love (a late harvest Zinfandel). Stephanie emailed me and without revealing what it was, told me to be expecting my package the next day. So I was home when the post man knocked on my door with a dripping box. Oh no! I signed for it not sure of exactly what to do. Unfortunately, the bottle of Late Harvest had shattered during shipment. Still, I was excited to have a bottle of sparkling to taste! I emailed Stephanie to thank her and mentioned the broken bottle. She got right back to me and said she was contacting the winery. Within an hour she emailed me again and said they were sending another bottle! She is so awesome! I was even more surprised when it arrived two days later. Talk about speedy delivery! Can’t wait to see what next month brings me!
I’m linking up with the monthly Foodie Pen Pal Crew over at The Lean Green Bean 🙂