Happy almost Friday!
I was going to start my post today with some annoying complaining about the Love Nugget being up all night, not napping much today blah, blah, blah. Then I realized, how silly I was being to complain about those things. Sure, it sucks sometimes to be up at 2:00am, but in reality, I wouldn’t change it for the world! When my little guy woke up this afternoon after only an hour and before my workout was finished, I was immediately frustrated. Then as I sat up there with him cuddled up on my lap, drenched in sweat, rocking and singing to him, I remembered how lucky I am to have such a wonderful little family. So today I decided to do a post about a few things I’m thankful for rather than dwelling on the lack of sleep and fussiness I’ve been experiencing today 🙂
- I’m thankful for my wonderful family! I am so in love with my boys and look forward to every minute I get to spend with them!
- I’m thankful for my health. As you probably can tell, I really enjoy working out. When I’m unable to, I get a little depressed and I was thinking the other day how lucky I am to not have injuries or health issues that would keep me from exercising.
- I’m thankful that my Love Nugget and Hubby are healthy too! After the hubby’s head injury scare in 2008, I constantly feel blessed to have him as my partner in life, healthy and alive! I think as moms we can all agree that one of the biggest fears of giving birth is if your baby will be 100% healthy. The Love Nugget was born with a large bruise looking mark on his bum and because they weren’t sure what it was, he was whisked away to the NICU. It was very scary even though I knew deep down he was fine but they kept him there for several hours and after that I couldn’t be more thankful that he is a very active, and healthy little guy 🙂
- I’m thankful that I’m able to spend every day with my Love Nugget. When we made the decision for me to quit my job, I knew it would be a lifestyle change for us. While I miss some things, I can definitly live without them for the chance to be with my son every day.
- I’m thankful that the Love Nugget has gotten to spend time with almost all of his Great Grandparents. So special to see them together!
There’s many more things I’m thankful for but I’ll stop there for now 🙂 Sometimes I think it’s important to take a step back and think about the things that really matter rather than dwelling on the negative. Today I’ve been enjoying this extra time I’m getting to spend with my Love Nugget since he didn’t take as long of a nap. Since his tooth is still bothering him, he’s being a little more cuddly and I’m taking advantage of that for sure!
QUESTION – What are some things you are thankful for?